The intercultural training of teachers: from theory to practice
Colle di Val d’Elsa, November 2nd - 4th 2017
Theme: The intercultural training of teachers: from theory to practice
- How to formulate a credit programme for Intercultural learning for initial teacher education?
- How to structure an in-service programme for professional development for teachers?
- What are specific activities and approaches for developing teachers' intercultural learning?
- What needs to happen to secure school heads' commitment to intercultural learning and professional development for teachers?
- What are the implications of PISA 2018 Global Competence Test for the professional development of teachers? for the classroom and curriculum?
A survey of what is done already in initial and in-service training for secondary school teachers and how intercultural competence is already included in the competence framework for teachers.
At the end a statement by the Forum on a programme for intercultural training of teachers in both initial teacher education and in-service training and on the need for school commitment to intercultural learning.
The programme, the proceedings and the final statement are available below.